Last Updated: December 12, 2016
1. Information Collection. LumaTax collects information Customers (a) explicitly provide to LumaTax (such as: name; tax or other identification numbers; billing information including credit card and other payment information; postal, email, and VOIP addresses; transaction information, including but not limited to, exemption certificate information and information provided to process and file sales and use tax returns and payments; and interest in Services and Services purchased) and (b) implicitly provide to LumaTax which may be stored on your device and transferred to LumaTax automatically regarding use of and activity on the Services (such as device information, IP address, web browser type and language, location or geographic information, access time and duration of visit, and other activity and usage data which may be logged on LumaTax servers (collectively “Customer Information”). Customer Information may be provided to LumaTax through commonly used tracking technology (“Tracking Technologies”) described below in section 5. LumaTax may combine the information collected from Customers with data received from third parties.
2. Information Use. LumaTax uses Customer Information for the purposes described in this Policy and as disclosed in connection with Services. LumaTax may use Customer Information to: (a) provide Services to Customers; (b) sell and market LumaTax’s Services; (c) improve and expand Services; and (d) protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
3. Information Sharing. LumaTax only shares personally identifying information (“PII”) with third parties for lawful purposes as follows:
1. Consent. LumaTax may transfer PII with Customer consent.
2. Third Party Transfers. LumaTax may transfer PII to companies that provide services to help us provide our Services. These companies are authorized to access PII only as necessary to provide these services to LumaTax.
3. Public Authority Requests. In certain situations, LumaTax may be required to disclose PII in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requests.
4. General Disclosures. LumaTax may disclose PII (a) as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process; (b) when LumaTax believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect the safety of Customers or others, or to investigate fraud or other illegal activity; and (c) in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of LumaTax’s assets or other financial, bankruptcy or dissolution transaction.
5. Anonymous Aggregated Information. LumaTax may share, disclose or publish anonymized and aggregated information from Customer Information for marketing or any other lawful purpose
4. Access and Choice. You may opt out of receiving promotional or marketing emails from LumaTax by following the instructions in the promotional or marketing emails; however, LumaTax may still send you non-promotional emails regarding your Account and the Services. You may change certain Customer Information within your Account using the Site or by contacting LumaTax at email@example.com.
5. Tracking Technologies. LumaTax and our marketing partners, affiliates, advertisers, or analytics or service providers use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the Site, track Customer movements around the Site, and to gather demographic information about our Customer base as a whole. LumaTax may receive reports based on the use of these technologies from our partners, affiliates, advertisers, or analytics or services providers on an individual and aggregated basis. The following tracking technologies may be used:
2. Log Files. Certain information is automatically collected and stored in log files. This information includes but is not limited to IP addresses, web browser information, internet service provider information, referring/exit pages, operating system information, date and time stamp, and clickstream data.
3. Local Stored Objects. Local storage objects (“LSOs”), such as HTML5, may be used to store Customer information and preferences to help manage the experience on the Site.
6. Security. LumaTax follows generally accepted standards and takes reasonable measures to protect PII submitted to LumaTax, both during transmission and once the information is received. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, LumaTax cannot and does not guarantee its absolute security.
7. Changes to this Policy. LumaTax may update this Policy from time to time, and if material changes are made, LumaTax will notify Customers by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of notice on the Site. LumaTax encourages you to periodically review this Policy for updates, which will be indicated by a change in the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Policy.
8. Contact Us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, contact us at:
8799 Balboa Ave, Suite 280, San Diego CA 92123